If you don’t know what to serve for dinner tonight …
This salad can be kept in your refrigerator for a few days getting more flavourful as it marinates. It’s a great lunch or dinner addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating.
Minted Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, seeds and excess pulp removed, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups peeled diced cucumber, (cut lengthwise and scoop out seeds), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, finely minced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups garbanzo beans or 1 15oz can garbanzo beans(BPA free), rinsed and drained well
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 TBS chopped fresh mint
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, use tender whole leaves for bed
- Mince onion and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Mix all ingredients except lettuce together and chill. This is best if it chills for at least 15 minutes. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Copyright © 2013 The George Mateljan Foundation, All Rights Reserved
- Vegetarian Minestrone Soup (chefceaser.wordpress.com)
- Friendsgiving 2- Crunchy Garbanzo Beans (ashleyklinger.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Hummus (myhealthylifestylenow.com)
- Garbanzo Beans with Spinach (chefceaser.wordpress.com)
- Mint Relish (chefceaser.wordpress.com)
- leg of lamb, sweet potato, wilted spinach & garbanzo salad (lfrommason.wordpress.com)
- Turkish garbanzo bean salad (healthandus.wordpress.com)
- Pork Chop with Garbanzo Beans and Linguine (lifeofmissmea.wordpress.com)