The agreement highlights the unique and invaluable part played by the environmental health profession in reducing social inequalities, improving public health and creating fairer communities. The memorandum is a valuable tool in putting environmental health at the heart of the public health agenda.
Key aspects of the agreement include:
- the CIEH will be recognised as an external adviser to PHE on environmental health and issues relating to the profession
- PHE will use the CIEH as a conduit for engagement with the environmental health profession
- PHE and the CIEH will work together to develop the environmental health workforce in local government, central agencies and with business
- PHE will agree priority workstream engagement with the CIEH as part of their work programming
The full text of the memorandum has been published online.
- Health Department to host rabies vaccination clinic (thetimesnews.com)
- Finally, we’re all together in India (sphglobal.wordpress.com)