Linguine with Italian sausage, Spinach, a delicious sauce and topped with cheese made this a great tasting meal. I used “Hot” Italian sausage and my grandkids still cleaned their plates.
It was fun for them to eat with the rainbow pasta I used that I purchased when I took a class on making Handmade Cheese Ravioli but of course any type of pasta can be used in this dish.
Source: Adapted from Debi Schull
Cook the linguine according
to the package directions.
Drain and set aside.
Isn’t that the prettiest
linguine you have ever seen?
In a large pan over medium
high heat, add the oil.
Add the diced onions and sausage pieces.
Cook until the sausage is
completely cooked through.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add the butter and garlic to the
sausage cooking another 1 – 2 minutes.
Add the cream, parmesan cheese
and Italian seasonings.
Stir until the sauce thickens
for a few minutes.
Add the spinach.
Toss until it is completely
wilted into the sauce.
Add the linguine.
Toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
Remove from the heat and top with the
Mozzarella cheese and let it sit
until the cheese melts.
Place into serving bowls and enjoy.
Linguine & Italian Sausage with Spinach
- Difficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. linguine
- 16 oz. Italian sausage (mild or hot), sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onions and sausage pieces.
- Cook until the sausage has no pink remaining. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the butter and garlic and cook another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings. Stir a few minutes until the sauce thickens up.
- Add the spinach, stirring until the spinach is completely wilted into the sauce.
- Add the cooked linguine and toss until the linguine is coated with the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and top with the shredded Mozzarella cheese. Let it sit until the cheese melts then place into serving bowls and serve.
Source: // In Dianes Kitchen
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports & #Brittius says are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News Chat https://t.me/joinchat/Di_0I1O9-Gz1ogusgUArog and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ Ace News Services Posts https://t.me/AceSocialNews_Bot and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts on AceBreakingNews.WordPress.Com or become a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews all private chat messaging on here https://t.me/sharingandcaring