Creamy and full of fruit, this Banana Split Cake tastes like a Banana Split made from ice cream. A delicious graham cracker crust topped with cream cheese, bananas, pineapple, strawberries and Cool Whip (or whipped cream). Garnished with peanuts, maraschino cherries and chocolate syrup to make this dessert fabulous!
Adapted from: http://www.allrecipes.com
Ingredients for the crust.
Ingredients for the cake.
In a medium bowl, add the graham
cracker crumbs and the sugar.
Mix together to combine.
Add the melted butter and
combine with a fork.
Then I used my fingers to make sure all
of the crumbs were coated in butter.
Pour the mixture into a 9″ x 13″ cake pan.
Using a spoon, press the crumbs evenly onto
the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Refrigerate for one hour.
In a medium bowl using a hand mixer,
beat the powdered sugar and cream
cheese until creamy and smooth.
Spread the cream cheese evenly over
the chilled graham cracker crust.
Slice the bananas, one at a time, and
place them on top of the cream cheese.
Using a spoon place the
pineapple evenly on top.
Add the sliced strawberries on top.
Add the Cool Whip (or whipping cream)
and carefully spread it evenly over
the entire top to seal off all the edges.
Sprinkle the peanuts on top.
Place the cherries on top.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours, slice and serve.
Banana Split Cake
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter, melted
- 2 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 3 – 4 banana’s
- 1 – 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 10 medium (fresh & ripe) strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1 – 16 oz. container Cool Whip, thawed (or whipped cream)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 – 16 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained and place them on paper towels
- Chocolate syrup
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add the melted butter and using a fork combine until all of the crumbs are coated.
- Pour the crumbs into a 9″ x 13″ cake pan and press them evenly, with the back of a spoon, onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for one hour.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, mix the confectioners sugar with the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese onto the chilled graham cracker crust.
- Peel and slice the bananas one at a time and place the slices in a single layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Place spoonful’s of the drained crushed pineapple evenly on top.
- Add the sliced strawberries, in a single layer, to the top.
- Carefully add the Cool Whip (or whipped topping) evenly, spreading it to seal the edges.
- Sprinkle the peanuts on top.
- Place the drained cherries on top.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours then serve chilled.
Source: // In Dianes Kitchen
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports & #Brittius says are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News Chat https://t.me/joinchat/Di_0I1O9-Gz1ogusgUArog and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ Ace News Services Posts https://t.me/AceSocialNews_Bot and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts on AceBreakingNews.WordPress.Com or become a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews all private chat messaging on here https://t.me/sharingandcaring