Here is one of James Martins favourites for Bonfire Night – good olde Ginger Parkin.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Line a 22cm/8in tin.
- Sieve the flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- In a small pan gently heat the butter and syrup until melted.
- Beat the egg into the milk.
- Gradually pour the butter and syrup into the flour and stir. The mixture will be thick.
- Pour in the egg and milk and stir until smooth and pour into the lined tin.
- Bake for about an hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean
#AceFoodNews – #AceRecipeNews