A tasty and puffy biscuit, either sweet or savory,
can go great with everything.
Happy National Biscuit day.
Did you know…
- In the United Kingdom, the word “biscuit” is used to refer to what we in the United States would call a “cookie”.
- White flour, commonly used to bake biscuits, is almost instantly metabolized into sugar. Biscuits will quickly spike your blood-sugar level.
- Mustard is a common condiment to use on biscuits in the south, especially to accompany ham.
- Most biscuit recipes call for a healthy dose of butter in the baking process. Despite this, many people butter their biscuits after they are served as well.
- The main difference between biscuits and rolls is the leavening agent. Biscuits use baking soda. Rolls use yeast.
Today’s Food History
- 1630 Charles II, king of England was born. The ‘Merry Monarch,’ tea was introduced to England during his reign. On December 23, 1675…
View original post 144 more words