Even though brisket is one of the least tender cuts of beef,
when it’s slow cooked can be tender and of course delicious
It’s also the National dish of the ‘Republic of Texas’.
Happy National Brisket day!
Did you know…
- Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal.
- The beef brisket is one of the eight beef primal cuts.
- The brisket muscles include the superficial and deep pectorals.
- As cattle do not have collar bones, these muscles support about 60% of the body weight of standing/moving cattle.
- This requires a significant amount of connective tissue, so the resulting meat must be cooked correctly to tenderize the connective tissue.
Today’s Food History
- 1892 The Sierra Club is formed in San Francisco for nature conservation.
- 1897 Jell-O was introduced.
- 1910 T-Bone Walker, blues guitarist, was born in Linden, Texas.
- 1944 Gladys Knight was born…
View original post 56 more words