Picture Source: jennifermay.com
Is anyone craving something cold?
Why not try some refreshing and impressive Grape Popsicle?
Celebrate the National Grape Popsicle day on May 27th!
Did you know…
- Popsicles were originally marketed as “a frozen drink on a stick”.
- Popsicles originally came in seven flavors thought to be root beer, cherry, lemon, orange, banana, grape, and watermelon, but there is no official record of Epperson’s original flavors.
- The most popular Popsicle flavor is Cherry.
- More than two billion Popsicles are sold each year.
- The dual Popsicle featuring two sticks and one Popsicle that could be split in half was introduced during the Great Depression as a way to split the treat across two children for the same cost.
Today’s Food History
- 1901 Conrad Arnold Elvehjem Born. American biochemist who identified nicotinic acid as a vitamin (one of the B vitamins), and that a deficiency on nicotinic acid resulted in…
View original post 132 more words