#AceRecipeNews – Mango Packed Collection
#AceFoodHistory – Another great post!
Yes, National Wine day is on May 25th!
Did you know…
- The longest recorded champagne cork flight was 177 feet and 9 inches, four feet from level ground at Woodbury Vineyards in New York State.
- Thomas Jefferson helped stock the wine cellars of the first five U.S. presidents and was very partial to fine Bordeaux and Madeira.
- Chilling tones down the sweetness of wine. If a red wine becomes too warm, it may lose some of its fruity flavor.
- The Irish believe that fairies are extremely fond of good wine.
- Foot treading of grapes is still used in producing a small quantity of the best port wines.
Today’s Food History
- 1789 R.I.P. Anders Dahl. A renowned Swedish botanist, the Dahlia flower was named for him.
- 1877 Minnesota’s $1.00 per bushel bounty on grasshopper eggs expires. The state had experienced a 4 year grasshopper (locust) plague.
- 1882 The first frozen mutton…
View original post 102 more words
#AceRecipeNews – Hot Tuna Salad with Basil Dressing
|1 束露荀，修剪 (或改用青豆)||1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (or use a good handful of green beans instead)|
|2 一把車厘茄，一分為四||2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|1 大束新鮮羅勒，取葉，挑選嫩葉備用||1 large bunch fresh basil, leaves picked, baby leaves kept to one side|
|1 少數黑橄欖，除核||1 handful black olives, stones removed|
|初榨橄欖油||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 隻檸檬||1 lemon|
|新鮮黑胡椒粉||freshly ground black pepper|
|2 吞拿魚排||2 tuna steaks, from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger|
|2 湯匙 脫脂乳酪||2 tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt|
1. 將煎鍋燒熱，放入蘆筍，上面放一個重型鍋壓著蘆筍，煮 2 分鐘，把蘆筍翻一翻，再煮，直至呈現燒焦紋。
Heat a griddle pan until it gets really hot then put your asparagus in it. Place a heavy saucepan on top so that it presses the spears right down on to the bars. Cook them for 2 minutes, turning them halfway through, until they have lovely charred marks.
2. 將蘆筍放在砧板，斜角切半。將蘆筍和車厘茄放入一個碗裡，然後加入半份羅勒葉、 橄欖、 少量的油和檸檬汁稍為調味。拌好後放在碟的一邊。
Pop the asparagus on a board…
View original post 182 more words
#AceRecipeNews – Art of Sushi
We live about as far from the coast as one can get ( Chicagoland ) but Naperville has some excellent sushi restaurants. There are three, that form the Sushi-trinity near by and we try to alternate between them when heading out for lunch. This week it was Sushi House in Warrensville. It’s a small place but really provides excellent food.
We started out with a tempura roll, which includes battered shrimp in the center. It’s crunchy and tasty.
Next we had smoked salmon and Unagi ( barbequed eel ) – I have to admit the eel is my favorite of all time, one of those “last meal” type of flavors.
Being hockey season, we had to try their special “Black Hawk Roll” which featured the team colors in roe on top.
View original post 78 more words
#AceRecipeNews – Six Layer Lemon Cake
Last month I was able to spend a week visiting my mom in Colorado. The drive out there was a series of unfortunate events that included a malfunctioning car, heavy snowstorms, and massive construction delays, but it was definitely worth the trip. My mom had to travel one night while I was there, so with the kitchen to myself, I decided it was time to bake a cake. I love baking cakes that have different types of filling and frosting. While they do take a bit of time, the end result is so delicious and I just enjoy the process of being in the kitchen.
When I was assembling the layers for this Six Layer Lemon Cake I was pretty sure it was going to taste incredible, and it managed to surpass my expectations! The cake itself is soft, moist, and lightly flavored with lemon, the layers of the cake alternate between…
View original post 618 more words