Interesting Food Facts about Grilled Cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwiches originally showed up in America during the roaring 20’s.
- It is said that grilled cheese was first served as an open-face sandwich.
- A grilled cheese sandwich is often accompanied by tomato soup, a southern delicacy!
- Grilled cheese sandwiches can be served with bacon , tomato, and various other additions. It makes the meal much more filling.
- April is national grilled cheese sandwich month. Be sure to celebrate heartily!
Today’s notion of the grilled cheese is commonly traced back to the 1920s, when the Iowa man considered “the father of sliced bread” invented a bread slicer that made distributing white bread easy and affordable.
In 2004, the online casino GoldenPalace.com paid $28,000 for a half-eaten grilled cheese with the likeness of the Virgin Mary depicted in the “burn” pattern.
In 2009, Los Angeles hosted the world’s first grilled cheese cooking…
View original post 131 more words