#AceHealthNews says l have a real theory like so many about this substance and its consistency ,as if you heat it the smell is overpowering and if you rub your finger over the inside of a hot plastic kettle, some white or coloured powder comes off in your hand. Now call me alarmist but in cups of tea ” UK’s Best Drink of the Day” we must ingest it #plasticnotgood
With global production of plastic exceeding 280 metric tons every year, a fair amount of the stuff is bound to make its way to the natural environment. However, until now researchers haven’t known whether ingested plastic transfers chemical additives or pollutants to wildlife. A new study conducted by an NCEAS researcher shows that toxic concentrations of pollutants and additives enter the tissue of animals that have eaten microplastic. The findings are published today in Current Biology.
There were two primary objectives for the study: to look at whether chemicals from microplastic move into the tissues of organisms; and to determine any impacts on the health and the functions that sustain biodiversity. Lab experiments exposed lugworms (Arenicola marina) to sand with 5 percent microplastic (polyvinylchloride) that also contained common chemical pollutants…
View original post 33 more words