Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake Recipe
3 Eggs, separated
120g (4oz) Dark Chocolate
120g (4oz) Cream Cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 170C/325F. Place the rack on the lower third level.
Grease a 6-inch (non-removable base) baking tin and lined bottom with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate and cream cheese over a simmering water, just hot enough to melt the chocolate, do not boil. Removed from heat.
Add egg yolks and mixed well. Set aside.
Add lemon juice into egg whites and beat until almost peak form.
Gently fold meringue into cheese mixture in 3 batches.
Pour the well combined batter into the prepared tin.
Place the baking tin in a roasting pan filled with hot water (1cm height) and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes (170C/325F), then turn down the temperature to 160C/300F and bake for 15 minutes.
Turn off the heat, keep the cake in the oven with the oven door closed for another 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, let the cake cool completely then chill in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- I used one Hershey’s Baking Bars – Semi-sweet Chocolate. You may use milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate or white chocolate.
Please take note that there is NO sugar in the recipe, if you opt for sweeter taste, please add sugar to egg whites and beat till almost peak form.
If loose base baking tin is used, please double wrap with aluminium foil to prevent water seepage.
It is perfectly normal that the cake shrinks after cooling. If the meringue is whipped up to the right stage and did not deflate much when folding in the cheese mixture, you will get approximately a 2” height cake.
- Double Mint Chocolate Cookies (theflavorchaser.com)
- Nothing says Merry Christmas quite like chocolate and bourbon (state-journal.com)
- Recipe: Spicy Sticky Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Healthified Carrot Cake (kellyrunsforfood.com)