Indian Mee Goreng Recipe
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
3 tablespoons of chili paste or to taste (recipe below)
1 lb of Yellow Noodles (rinsed)
3 pieces of dried bean curds (cut into pieces)
1 potato (boiled, peeled, and sliced)
4 squids (cleaned and cut into rings)
A handful of bean sprouts
Lettuce leaves (for garnishing)
1 lime (cut into wedges)
2 tablespoon of soy sauce
2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce or kecap manis
3 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
Sugar and salt to taste
Blend 10 dried red chilies in a food processor. Add some water and some oil to blend well. Heat the wok and “tumis” (stir fry) the paste until the oil separates from paste. Set aside.
Heat the wok and pour in the cooking oil. Add garlic, 3 tablespoons of chili paste, sliced potatoes, bean curb pieces, and squids. Stir fry until fragrant. Add yellow noodles and sauces and continue stirring. Set the noodles to the side of the wok.
Add some cooking oil and then crack the eggs. Scramble the eggs and mix in with the noodles. Add in the bean sprouts and quick stir for another 1 minute. Serve hot and garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red chilies. Squeeze some lime juice over the noodles before eating.
Indian Mee Goreng is Malaysian dish. Created by Mamak (Indian-Muslim in Malaysia), this version cannot be found in India.
- Diwali or Deepavali (shivaaydelights.wordpress.com)
- Revelations: Happy Diwali (victoriaadvocate.com)
- Diwali or Deepavali (ank011.wordpress.com)
- Happy Deepavali Padava, the New Day! (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Happy Diwali, the Festival of Lights! (aceishop.com)
- Diwali or Deepavali (blogforanyone.wordpress.com)
- Open Thread: Happy Diwali / Deepavali ! (balloon-juice.com)